C.S.I.R.

Ghosts WERE People too!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > What is the one event that hooked you in to the paranormal?

Becky

After seeing an apparition in Rockford, NC I knew that this was a calling for me.  Not only will I be able to help those that do not understand why they are being haunted, but We might also be able to help a spirit cross over or make peace here.

--

Becky

February 9, 2011 at 2:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lisa187

its a calling for me also i have always saw things but only recently have i decided it was right for me to b open abought them8)

February 14, 2011 at 1:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Carolyn Haigwood
Site Owner

I would have to say it has always been in my family. My dad was always up for going to "haunted" locations for the thrill. When he was younger he would go to places like the devil's tramping ground and stay the night just to see what would happen. I think the reason why I am into the paranormal is because of him. He would take me to the library and he would always check out the books with all the ghost stories in North Carolina. It always interested me and we both got excited when it was around Halloween. He loved helping out with the haunted attractions and being apart of them. He had one experience when he was working at the old Nature Science center in Winston Salem that made him leave for good. Before it was torn down, behind the Nature Science center was an old building that was a mental institution. The nature science building itself was a hospital for people with little money and no insurance. The old mental institution was used as a haunted house and my dad helped with it for a few years. He would tell me that during the day when they were working on the building and putting the haunted house together, they would hear people talking, bottles breaking and footsteps. When the building was a mental instituion there were no hospital rooms like there are now. People back then didn't really know how to handle the mentally insane, so they would just put them in jail cells and put them in horrible conditions. They hid them away from society because no one really wanted to deal with them. I remember hearing about the stories of the paitents comitting suicide. They would either hand themselves or even dig their throats out with the forks they were given to eat with. One night as my dad was working in one of the cells, he would jump up and scare people as groups went by. he had a chair he sat in and would sit back down and wait for the next group to wallk through. When he was finished trying to scare the next group, he retreated back to his chair.. only thing was, the chair wasn't there anymore. It had somehow moved to the back of the cell. My dad said it looked as if there was a shadow standing in the chair and he saw a man's face. Once he saw this image, he got out of the building and didn't really care to go back. I guess it spooked him pretty good.

Hearing these stories and always being around spooky stuff I guess it was kind of natural to want to investigate the unknown. I have had a few weird experiences since I have began investigating. Each experience I have always makes me want to do more.

--

Carolyn Haigwood

Carolina Supernatural Investigations and Research

June 24, 2011 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dreamwalker

I was either 18 or 19 years old and living with my grandparents.  I came home one morning around 2 or 3 am and laid down in bed.  I always kept my room teh same temp as outside and it was winter.  I would guess the temp was in the 20's or 30's.  Anyway I laid down in the bed adn as soon as I pulled the blankets up I felt something move at the foot of the bed.  There was moon light coming in so when I looked toward teh foot of the bed I saw what looked like a small pitch black figure around 18 inches tall.  Well I pulled the cover over my head and felt it rush up the side of my bed so I assumed it was gone.  I was wrong because when I removed the cover it was standing by my head and I immediately covered my head back up and went to sleep.  It had no features I could see on it and never even made a sound.

July 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.