1. Anomaly - An irregular or unusual event which does not fit a standard rule or law. An anomaly is something which cannot be explained by currently accepted scientific theories. Anything weird, abnormal, strange, odd, or difficult to classify is considered an anomaly.
2. Apparition - A ghostly figure or form that suddenly or unexpectedly appears.
3. Cold Spot- Some believe that when a spirit is trying to manifest itself, it will drain energy out of a certain area causing the temperature to drop, causing a ‘cold spot’.
4. Demonology- The study of demons.
5. Disembodied Voice - A voice heard or recorded that has no known source.
6. EMF Meter/Detector- An instrument that is used to measure electromagnetic energy.
7. Electronic Voice Phenomena- Voices that are recorded on cassette tape or digital media that was not heard at the time of the recording.
8. Ghost- The spirit of a deceased person or animal. It is often said that a ’ghost’ is an earthbound spirit who is stuck and cannot pass on to the afterlife.
9. Haunting- Paranormal phenomena that frequently happens in a certain location over a long period of time.
10. Hot Spot- An area or place where frequent paranormal activity occurs.
11. Intelligent Haunting- A haunting where the spirit can interact or communicate with those still alive.
12. Paranormal- Events that are beyond the range of normal experiences or scientific explanation.
13. Poltergeist- A German word that literally means “noisy or troublesome ghost”.
14. Presence- The feeling that an unseen person, spirit or being nearby.
15. Residual Haunting- A spirit in which they experience a memorable moment in their living life that is carried on to after death. Almost like a tape player being played over and over, the spirit will play out that moment that happened. This type of haunting usually does not acknowledge or try to communicate with the living.
16. Spirit- A person who has passed away and their spirit has went on to the afterlife. They are able to come back and visit the living and give them comfort.